Statement of Faith
This Church declares its belief in:
- The Triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit and their love for all creation.
- The sovereignty and power of the Triune God as the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe, and the Revealer, Redeemer, and ultimate Judge of all mankind.
- The Divinity of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and His Incarnation (God appearing in the flesh).
- The Lord Jesus Christ as the Supreme Head and Ruler of His universal church, which is the world wide body of people who have repented of their sin and put their trust in Him as Saviour and Lord.
- The perfect life and atoning death of our Lord Jesus Christ, who was raised from the dead for our salvation and ascended to the position of all authority and power, and who is the sole and absolute authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- All people are created in God’s image, however, through disobedience all have sinned and have therefore lost their relationship with God.
- The convicting and regenerating work of the Holy Spirit that causes people to understand their lost condition before God, leading to repentance and belief in Jesus as Saviour and Lord.
- Jesus Christ commissioning His church to evangelise the whole world. Each believer then, has a duty to bear witness to the Gospel of Christ in daily life and to share in the wider task of reaching the world as opportunity presents itself.
- The sanctifying grace of God, which enables a believer to grow in spiritual maturity and likeness to Christ.
- The personal, visible return of our Lord Jesus Christ to judge all people.
- The resurrection and eternal life of those who belong to Christ.
- The priesthood of all believers in which the only mediator between God and humanity is Jesus Christ.
- The Bible as the divinely inspired and revealed word of God for all matters of faith and conduct.
- The local gathered body of believers, which has the responsibility as guided by the Holy Spirit, to discern and act on the will of Christ in all matters of faith and practice.
- Two ordinances given to the Church by explicit command of Jesus Christ, namely:
- Baptism, being immersion in water into the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, of those who have professed repentance towards God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Lord’s Supper, in which those who have professed faith in the Lord Jesus Christ take bread and cup in an act of remembrance of the death of Christ.
We exist to see Jesus Glorified, Lives Transformed and Hope Revealed
We are called to make disciples by establishing Christ-Centred communities that are growing in God, loving people and boldly sharing the gospel.
As a church we are:
2 Timothy 3:16-17
We believe the bible is the infallible Word of God. It equips, guides and corrects us in every aspect of our lives
Holy Spirit Empowered
We believe that God can do great things through us as our lives are transformed by the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit.
Offering Our Best for God’s Glory
Ex 23:19; 2 Tim 2:15; 1 Pet 4:10
Though we aren’t perfect, we offer God our best because He is worthy of nothing less. Our utmost for his highest.
We are real people with real challenges who love radically and welcome all in Christ because we are saved by grace.
We acknowledge that everything we have is a gift from God, so we live as stewards of creation not owners. This means we are generous with our time, talent, and treasure, as we seek to see God’s kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven.
Christ’s love compels us to love our neighbour as we love ourselves. We desire to be a community that embodies this love, seeking to serve rather than be served
Seeking God’s Presence
We know that God created us to dwell with Him; He inhabits the praises of His people. Therefore, we continuously create space for Him to dwell in our lives through prayer and worship.