Statement of Faith
This Church declares its belief in:
- The Triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit and their love for all creation.
- The sovereignty and power of the Triune God as the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe, and the Revealer, Redeemer, and ultimate Judge of all mankind.
- The Divinity of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and His Incarnation (God appearing in the flesh).
- The Lord Jesus Christ as the Supreme Head and Ruler of His universal church, which is the world wide body of people who have repented of their sin and put their trust in Him as Saviour and Lord.
- The perfect life and atoning death of our Lord Jesus Christ, who was raised from the dead for our salvation and ascended to the position of all authority and power, and who is the sole and absolute authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- All people are created in God’s image, however, through disobedience all have sinned and have therefore lost their relationship with God.
- The convicting and regenerating work of the Holy Spirit that causes people to understand their lost condition before God, leading to repentance and belief in Jesus as Saviour and Lord.
- Jesus Christ commissioning His church to evangelise the whole world. Each believer then, has a duty to bear witness to the Gospel of Christ in daily life and to share in the wider task of reaching the world as opportunity presents itself.
- The sanctifying grace of God, which enables a believer to grow in spiritual maturity and likeness to Christ.
- The personal, visible return of our Lord Jesus Christ to judge all people.
- The resurrection and eternal life of those who belong to Christ.
- The priesthood of all believers in which the only mediator between God and humanity is Jesus Christ.
- The Bible as the divinely inspired and revealed word of God for all matters of faith and conduct.
- The local gathered body of believers, which has the responsibility as guided by the Holy Spirit, to discern and act on the will of Christ in all matters of faith and practice.
- Two ordinances given to the Church by explicit command of Jesus Christ, namely:
- Baptism, being immersion in water into the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, of those who have professed repentance towards God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Lord’s Supper, in which those who have professed faith in the Lord Jesus Christ take bread and cup in an act of remembrance of the death of Christ.
In response to God’s loving call and the power of the Holy Spirit, Mount Barker Baptist Church exists to:
– call people to worship God with their lives
– grow maturing disciples
– build a Jesus-centered community
– empower people for service
– send people into mission
Our Purpose & Values
+ This church exists for three reasons: to love and worship God, to grow disciples of Jesus and go into the world with the love and good news of God.
+ At Mount Barker Baptist Church we aspire to be a contemporary church that responds to the needs of both the church family and wider community.
+ This is a church where all of God’s people are encouraged to discover their calling and serve with their gifts.
+ We hope that you will join us and pray you will know God’s love and grace in your life.